Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Cloth Diapering - HE washing

I'm back for round 2 of cloth diapering tips. I've been using cloth on Forrest from about 2 or 3 weeks old. New baby, new house, new machine, new diapers...

Before we moved into the house, we rented a townhouse with an apartment sized stacking washer and dryer. For almost 2 years, that is where I washed my diapers. I had to strip all the bloody time. We had bad ammonia stink. I also had farmyard stink. 

I kept hearing people complain about HE machines and cloth diapers. I am going to give you some tips on cloth and HE machines.

We have a Whirlpool HE machine. It was our one big upgrade on appliances. I wanted a very large capacity machine (someone will inevitably piss all over my kingsize down duvet). It had to be quiet (genius architect puts the laundry room right next to the kids' bedrooms). It had to be easy to use. 

This is my current wash routine:
-Quick Wash with Cold temperature
-Allergen cycle with Extra Rinse (add soap to this cycle)

I hang to dry or machine dry. Haven't had to strip once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment