Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanksgiving

So much to be thankful for this year. 

Last year, my brother and his little family joined us for Thanksgiving weekend. My niece, Livia was 8 months old. I was pregnant. I looked at Livia and though "one year from now, I will have a baby just like you!" 

My mom joined us for Thanksgiving this year. She had a great visit with her grand-daughter. She fed Juniper a whole lot of frozen pumpkin. They laughed and cuddled. We took Juniper to the Farmer's Market. I always get so sad to see my mom go. Living 3 hours south of your parents is hard.

Juniper started crawling forward on Saturday after a couple weeks of going backwards. She sits up from crawling, spins herself around and launches herself at things she wants. She started drinking from a straw cup too! It is so amazing to see what she can do and how much she has grown.

We feasted too! Unlike a lot of my IG and facebook friends, I didn't take 50 pictures of my dinner. I was too busy cooking and eating. Our Thanksgiving menu was:
  • herb crusted turkey
  • sausage, mushroom and leek stuffing (the best I've made)
  • lemon butter brussel sprouts (my favourite!)
  • roasted root veggies
  • smashed potatoes
  • herb gravy
  • pumpkin tiramisu
What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment