Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cloth Diapering - Where to Buy

I keep getting asked "where do I buy cloth diapers?"

Here's my answer:

If you have a local store that carries the brands you like - shop there. Yes, they may cost a little bit more, but, chances are, the store is owned by a local mom. You can ask questions to a real person who will help you find the right fit and style for your baby. In Calgary, our awesome shop is Babes in Arms.

If you don't have a local store, look at buying from an online store that is local. For Canadian parents, look at buying from a Canadian online store. Each province/ city seems to have one. I haven't ordered from one, so I can't/ won't recommend one.

Another great option is Kijiji for Canadians. I started my stash from consignment diapers from BIA and used diapers from Kijiji. I highly recommend that you see what the diaper looks like new before buying used. People will claim the diaper is in EUC, when it is falling apart. I fell victim to that whole thing. I paid $80 for 8 Flip inserts, 2 prefolds and 6 covers (2 were terrible, 2 were okay, 2 were GUC) - was told everything was in EUC. 

I'd avoid Ebay unless diapers are being sold by an official eBay seller for that brand. It sounds silly, but there are counterfeit diapers. 

Happy stash building!

No comments:

Post a Comment